Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Freedom!

Mom was officially allowed to drive as of this Monday (which of course meant she went out by herself on Sunday, just to beat the deadline!).  She intended to take a "quick" trip to the WalMart to buy pumpkins--two hours later, she returned victorious, having proven to herself she could run a solo errand, and then promptly crashed for the remainder of the day.  Her current shelf life for sustained activity of any kind--mental or physical--appears to be about two hours, but as far as I can glean she is staying awake most of the day as long as she's not engaged in anything strenuous.

She did authorize me to pass along that her mental faculties are still a tad slow.  As examples, she offered that she found herself crying while watching "Hotel for Dogs," and then went to fix a snack and put a foil pan directly in the microwave.  Luckily she's not taking herself too seriously. 

On the treatment front, she began oral chemo today, and will hopefully be free of any side effects--cross your fingers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Anne. I am more computer literate than I thought! I am so excited to get on to talk with you and see how you are doing. I've never done this before so hopefully after I finish this you will actually get it. I think this blogspot is really a cool way to stay in touch about you and your progress. Kudos to Mary Claire! Actually I do hope you are doing well. I have a friend up here who also had breast cancer and her main complaint was her level of stamina. I think it gets better and she is a lot like you not wanting to "sit still" and finally get out. I hope you keep up that sense of humor you have. I remember my mother had that to keep her going through several bouts of chemo but that was way back then. They have made such strides these days!! I will come back to see how else you are doing with your blogging and will keep in touch now that I think I know what I'm doing. Keep up the good work and the good spririts. Just know Denny and I are thinking of you and wish you the best. Hugs. Eunice

    ReplyDelete